ezsSN45YLR01kHajbK7pv9G0LBQ

I will do my bookkeeping tomorrow…

Tomorrow, I will do my bookkeeping…promise…I will do it…

This is a common thought process that many business owners have. Bookkeeping is one of those areas in business that people will keep putting off until it becomes something that they just cannot ignore any longer. Like April 15th and they need to get their bookkeeping done so that they can do their taxes! Are your receipts and invoices piling up? It is already August – how far behind are you with your bookkeeping?

growing_workload_anim_150_wht_6858

People  will spend time creating their product or service as they need to in order to start their business. People will spend time finding the perfect office space. People will do marketing because they know that they need to do this to gain clients (although some people think that people will just knock on their door for their business, but I will leave that blog to the marketing experts among you!)

However, when it comes to bookkeeping, people will leave it at the end of the to do list and keep ignoring it. Bookkeeping is a critical part of your business whether you like it or not. It is essential that you keep up to date with your bookkeeping, even if you don't want to!!!  It won't just go away, even if you ignore it, it will not go away. As soon as the end of the year comes and you have to file your taxes you will suddenly realize that you should have done your bookkeeping. How much time does it take you to get your bookkeeping ready to file your tax return? How stressed do you get while doing the bookkeeping for the year all at one time? Your bookkeeping has to be done – regardless of when you do it! However, by waiting until the end of the year you are not only causing yourself added stress but you are also depriving yourself of critical information that you need to successfully run your business throughout the year.

If you keep waiting to get up to date you will never get there as it is too easy too keep ignoring! Don't keep putting off something that has to be done anyway! Start today and get yourself organized and keep up to date with your bookkeeping. Not only will you feel better that your bookkeeping is up to date but you will also have valuable information to help you grow your business and take it to the next level!

As a professional bookkeeping business we can help you with all this! We can get you up to date and get you back on track for the year. We have various packages to suit your bookkeeping needs and we will help give you the peace of mind that you need.

Are you up to date with your bookkeeping? If not, what can you do to get back up to date?

20 Responses to I will do my bookkeeping tomorrow…
  1. Lianne-carla Savage
    August 7, 2013 | 9:23 am

See this happen so many times. A big plastic bag full of jumbled up reciepts is the worst.

2. Beth Blacker
    August 7, 2013 | 3:39 pm

I have literally set a standing appointment on my calendar at the beginning of every month to reconcile the previous month. It keeps me from getting behind. I can't say it is something I enjoy doing but if I want to be in business, I really have no choice.

• Abacus Bookkeeping LLC
      August 11, 2013 | 8:19 pm

This is great Beth!! Giving bookkeeping priority in yoru business is so important!!

3. Jackie Harder
    August 7, 2013 | 4:46 pm

Way to make me feel guilty, Kerry! But you are absolutely right. I'll get on it. Tomorrow…;-)

4. Shelley Webb
    August 7, 2013 | 6:12 pm

This is a great post to offer in August.  There is still hope for those of us who procrastinate.  Thanks, Kerry.

5. Marie Leslie
    August 7, 2013 | 8:13 pm

So true, Kerry. Doing my bookkeeping in a timely manner was one of the toughest lessons for me to learn as a very young business owner–but it has definitely made all the difference in how my business runs. It's still one of my least favorite tasks, though.

• Abacus Bookkeeping LLC
      August 11, 2013 | 8:18 pm

I am sure you are not the only business owner to ever have said that!! Bookkeeping can be the difference between failure and success!

6. Edmund S. Lee
    August 8, 2013 | 6:08 am

Thanks for the reminder Kerry. Bookkeeping is a huge responsibility and it's a good indicator of whether the business is doing well or not. If business people have ample time to do it on their own, then I think that's fine, but if they don't have enough time for it, it's best left to the experts.

7. Niki Barr, PhD
    August 8, 2013 | 10:51 am

Good reminder how so very easy it is to let bookkeeping pile up…but oh so painful when it does!  Thank goodness for your bookkeeping services!

8. Lorii Abela
    August 12, 2013 | 1:11 pm

Great reminder indeed. Bookkeeping is quite essential in business as this determines a great deal how your business is doing. What is the most challenging task in your business?

• Abacus Bookkeeping LLC
      August 13, 2013 | 8:47 pm

Thanks Lorii! I think getting people to understand how th ebookkeeping works and the difference between debits and credits and the impact it can have on your figures if you do not understand what you are doing.

9. Theresa Cifali
    August 12, 2013 | 5:01 pm

Great article, Kerry.  I definitely have gotten better with my bookkeeping…though I am far from perfect…because of you.  Thanks!

10. Vicky Savellis-Grant
    August 16, 2013 | 7:32 am

I agree it is such an important part of business.  I've had to learn the hard way so now I leave it to the experts. Thank you!

• Abacus Bookkeeping LLC
      September 13, 2013 | 7:06 am

So important! Many businesses do learn the hard way – but that is ok as long as they learn!